Today we did:
- Morning routine (the boys have set chores they must do each morning)
- Worksheets from the TOS Homeschool Planner. They are "beginning/ending" year pages where the boys wrote down their names, height, weight, likes/dislikes, and yearly goals. There are also spots for photos. It will be fun to see how much they grow over the year. And it was a bit freaky to learn that my 5 year old, Happy, weighs 51 pounds while his 8 year old brother, Conductor, weighs 55.5 pounds.
- I read a chapter from The Story of the World volume 2. I really want to finish this volume before we dive in to Volume 3 this year. (history)
- We did a few pages in the Grapevine Studies book I am reviewing for TOS. This is a fun way to learn the Bible. I chose to use their Multi-Level Old Testament Basics book. I don't want to give away too much but we are using this for Bible & loving it. (Bible)
- Lego-Man watched a TV show called "Big" on the Science Channel. It's a new show with a team of builders making large-scale items. On this show they made a BBQ grill & grilled a nine-foot long hot dog. (science)
- Lego-Man & Conductor also spent time on Aleks which is another site we are reviewing for TOS. I really like what I see so far. (math)
- Lego-Man is spending time building towers using the Duplo Legos. He made one about six feet tall earlier today. (science)
- Lego-Man also wrote a letter to his pen-pal. (writing)
I don't plan to delve in to full-time school with circle time until later in the month. Right now this is working for all of us as we begin our new year.