Today we did....
- Popcorn Prayer
- Discussed the new "Daily Heart Report" we'll be using. I tried to find where I got this but it's not coming up. It's a pdf file I had saved to my PC. There are eight character qualities with scripture to back them up such as "I will not argue or complain...Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14". It has "I will be a peacemaker, I will obey, I will focus, I will have patience, and I will follow God, not evil on there as well." I also let the boys know that I'll be discussing these with Daddy too at the end of the day.
- Recited the Pledge of Allegiance
- Sang the Star Spangled Banner
- Read two chapters from On the Banks of Plum Creek - our current read aloud
- Read our new poem - "Singing" by Robert Louis Stevenson. I am planning for the boys to have it memorized by Friday so they can recite it to Daddy.
- Read Psalm 99 & 100 to them.
- Read Proverbs 4 & each needed to tell me one thing they learned from it.
- I am using these writing prompts for discussion tools. Today was about gravity so I went to YouTube and found some fun videos on what astronauts do without gravity. We watched this one and this one.
- Grapevine studies - for Bible time
- Began reading Robert Schumann and His Mascott Ziff (a review product)
From there the boys began workboxes.
Lego-Man & Conductor:
- Private Devotions
- Math-U-See - 2 pages
- Writing Journal - 5 sentences about one topic
- First Facts - PC drill program (review product)
- Handwriting - 1 page
- Photo Class - watch video about Ansel Adams
- Typing - Lesson 1 (review product)
- Assigned Reading - 30 mins
- AWANA verses - 15 mins.
- Wii Fit Plus - 30 mins.
- Worship Guitar (Lego-Man - a review product)
Happy & I watched a video at the Jan Brett site about her book Gingerbread Baby. (It's called "Jan Brett reads and draws Gingerbread Baby." It's an abbreviated reading.) I then read the whole book to Happy. I plan to read more Jan Brett books this week to him. He also watched a video by Math Tutor called "Numbers and Counting Video" which was another review product). He also had about 30 minutes of Wii Fit Plus time.