Monday, January 4, 2010

Day #47/175 Days

Our first day back after a really long break went rather well I think. I'm writing up daily plans in a notebook & still following my "together school" concept for the morning & then workboxes for the afternoon. I'm sure there will be much tweaking continuing to happen. Poor Happy is still being left by the wayside so I need to figure out how to get time with him as well.

Today we did....

Circle Time

  • Popcorn Prayer
  • Discussed the new "Daily Heart Report" we'll be using. I tried to find where I got this but it's not coming up. It's a pdf file I had saved to my PC. There are eight character qualities with scripture to back them up such as "I will not argue or complain...Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14". It has "I will be a peacemaker, I will obey, I will focus, I will have patience, and I will follow God, not evil on there as well." I also let the boys know that I'll be discussing these with Daddy too at the end of the day.
  • Recited the Pledge of Allegiance
  • Sang the Star Spangled Banner
  • Read two chapters from On the Banks of Plum Creek - our current read aloud
  • Read our new poem - "Singing" by Robert Louis Stevenson. I am planning for the boys to have it memorized by Friday so they can recite it to Daddy.
  • Read Psalm 99 & 100 to them.
  • Read Proverbs 4 & each needed to tell me one thing they learned from it.
  • I am using these writing prompts for discussion tools. Today was about gravity so I went to YouTube and found some fun videos on what astronauts do without gravity. We watched this one and this one.
  • Grapevine studies - for Bible time
  • Began reading Robert Schumann and His Mascott Ziff (a review product)
From there the boys began workboxes.

Lego-Man & Conductor:
  1. Private Devotions
  2. Math-U-See - 2 pages
  3. Writing Journal - 5 sentences about one topic
  4. First Facts - PC drill program (review product)
  5. Handwriting - 1 page
  6. Photo Class - watch video about Ansel Adams
  7. Typing - Lesson 1 (review product)
  8. Assigned Reading - 30 mins
  9. AWANA verses - 15 mins.
  10. Wii Fit Plus - 30 mins.
  11. Worship Guitar (Lego-Man - a review product)
Happy & I watched a video at the Jan Brett site about her book Gingerbread Baby. (It's called "Jan Brett reads and draws Gingerbread Baby." It's an abbreviated reading.) I then read the whole book to Happy. I plan to read more Jan Brett books this week to him. He also watched a video by Math Tutor called "Numbers and Counting Video" which was another review product). He also had about 30 minutes of Wii Fit Plus time.

No comments: