Monday, January 18, 2010

Day #55/175 Days

Together School

  • Popcorn Prayer
  • Pledge of Allegiance
  • Sing National Anthem (I love hearing my boys sing with me.)
  • Read Psalm 121
  • Read Proverbs 18
  • Did a discussion about who Martin Luther King, Jr. was...
    • Read a one page biography I printed from abcteach
    • Watched a video of his "I Had a Dream" speech on YouTube (started at about minute 12)
    • Used this prompt to have the boys each write a "Peace Poem" (They were getting silly though so not exactly what I was hoping for.) Here is Conductor's though...
Peace is like a calm someone.
Peace looks like no one fighting.
It sounds quiet, and
it can be very quiet, but
peace is always around us somewhere.

  • Story of the World (getting close to finishing volume 2 - yeah!)
  • Read half of Chapter 6 (the last chapter) in Robert Schumann and His Mascot Ziff
  • Wii Fit
  • Happy & Conductor spent the afternoon at a bowling alley for a friend's birthday so they had PE there as well.

Conductor helping his little brother bowl.

No comments: