- We began our day with a walk. We went about two miles total and a lot of it was up some pretty steep hills. A good workout and a nice way to start the day.
- Lego-Man & Conductor took a Spelling Placement test. I do this 2-3 times a year. I use Spell to Write and Read as our spelling basis and they have a very good spelling diagnostic test. They boys are making slow progress but definite progress.
- Happy & Conductor both took turns trying out a review product for the TOS Crew. We’ll be reviewing Talking Fingers next month.
- Happy is the guinea pig for another TOS Crew product from Greek n’ Stuff. We’ll be learning the Greek alphabet. This will be interesting since Happy still hasn’t even learned how to read English.
- I started back to reading aloud. We’ve been working through the Little House on the Prairie books. We’re currently on By the Shores of Silver Lake.
- Happy & Conductor worked on their AWANA verses. Happy is working on memorizing all the books of the New Testament.
- They all practiced their piano.
- Conductor & Lego-Man took some time to work on Mathletics.
- Conductor took a trip to the Rainforest via Digital Frog. Another TOS Crew review project that I’ll be reviewing next month.
- We ended our day with AWANA club.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Day #9/175 Days
Our first “official” day at home. I’ll be honest though – I still haven’t planned out everything. Even though, we still had a nice productive day today.