Monday, March 21, 2011

Day #110/175 Days

I'm currently 17 days ahead of where I was this time last year. Yeah me! I can't wait to finish up your 175 days and get busy having fun away from regular lessons.


Together School

  • CalcuLadder Drill - the boys are making excellent progress using this program. I really recommend it. I own the MasterPak 1 which includes CalcuLadder 1, 2, 3, and Ready Writer as pdf files. I can print as many as I need. I have the answer keys and scoring sheets in a 3-ring binder. I just print what I need for each boy and keep extras behind the answer key. They stay there until the end of the year when I clean it out and start over. 
  • Bible Study - I'm using an old copy of Family Walk. This is helping to focus our devotions. I also have a few other kid-friendly devotions we will be using at some point. We are also reading the book of Mark out loud - we each take turns reading sections. The boys seem to actually be enjoying this and it's helping to make them active learners/listeners as well as improving their public speaking skills/reading aloud skills. I'm thankful that my boys do this skill very well.
  • Read aloud to them - I'm remembering how important this is for them. I encourage everyone to read as much as possible to their children - no matter the age. We are working through By the Shores of Silver Lake (almost done!) and True to the Last (a Lamplighter book).
  • Science - watched four episodes from "The Universe." It is really full of evolutionary content but it's allowing us to discuss our viewpoints.
  • Piano practice
  • Listend to Adventures in Odyssey

No comments: