Friday, September 4, 2009

Day #7/175 Days

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or happy....Day #1 was done on 8/3 & we just finished day #7 almost a month later. This is not how I envisioned the start of our new school year. But then again, learning is occurring - it's just taking us some time to gain our momentum.

What we did today:

  • The kids ate a snack while I read a chapter from Farmer Boy our current read aloud.
  • Started a new curriculum today called Roots & Fruits (review upcoming - TOS product)
  • The kids watched JellyTelly
  • Watched more free videos from Homeschool Freebie of the Day. Watched an interesting one about Labor Day beginnings and one about how small Earth really is compared to the rest of the universe.
  • Boys did Math-U-See
  • I had each of the boys dictate to me what they liked about our field trip on Monday & then draw pictures of their favorite animals.
  • We read 1/2 of Chapter 2 in our Nutrition 101 book.
  • I had the boys go outside and run or walk four "laps."
  • Lunch break from 11:30-1:00 while I got everyone fed and happy.
  • Grapevine studies - our Bible curriculum
  • Conductor read some in Nature Friend magazine
  • Lego-Man worked on his photo collage cut from magazines. (I'm teaching a photo class for homeschoolers - a first for me - starting in a few weeks. This was their first assignment.)
Today Miss H played with the following things while the rest of us did school:
  • milk caps and jug
  • coloring book and crayons
  • colored counting bears and an empty wipes container
  • dancing (during JellyTelly)
  • read/looked at books
  • stickers (I gave her a large blank sheet of paper and a bunch of tiny stickers. It took her about a 1/2 hour but she filled the whole sheet.)
That was it for today. TGIF! I'll be taking the long weekend to take an inventory of what I have for Miss H to use and plan out something more formal for her to do.

No comments: